Running a business as a lash artist is exhausting. You’re responsible for everything from marketing, to client relations, to the actual application of the lashes. It’s a lot to manage!
That’s why it’s important to have a good team and a good operation system in place to keep your business running smoothly. Having a team of people you can rely on to help you with the day to day tasks can make a huge difference to the success of your business.
When it comes to determining if it is the right time to hire employees, there are a few factors to consider. Firstly, make sure you have the financial resources to hire the right people and pay them a competitive wage. Secondly, make sure you have enough work to keep your team busy and make it worth your while. Remember that you can always hire someone part time if you don’t need full time help. Lastly, make sure you have the time and energy to manage your team and provide them with the training and support they need. If all of these things are in place, then it might be time for you to start building your team!
Here are some tips on how to build a great team for your lash business:
1. Know what you need. Figure out what areas of your business need the most help and start to look for team members who can fill those roles. Do you need someone to help with marketing? Social media? Accounting? Figure out what you need and start to look for the right person to help.
2. Have a clear job description. Make sure to create a clear job description that outlines the job duties, expectations, and what the team member will be responsible for.
3. Find the right people. Look for people who have the same work ethic and values as you. Find someone who is reliable, organized, friendly, and has the skills you need. Spend some time getting to know potential team members before you decide to hire them.
4. Set clear goals. Make sure to set clear goals and expectations for your team members so they know what is expected of them. Having clear goals will help everyone stay focused and on task.
5. Show appreciation. Don’t forget to show appreciation for your team members. A little bit of recognition and appreciation can go a long way in keeping morale high and motivation levels up.
Building a great team is essential to the success of any business, and it is especially important for lash artists as you are looking to scale. Putting the time and effort into finding the right people to help you with your business will pay off in the long run!